Chicken, Spinach, and Sun-dried Tomato Pizza is easy homemade pizza with two layers of melted Mozzarella cheese and a seasoned crispy crust. Whether it’s a date night at home or a game day with friends, this pizza is perfect for any occasion. Most prepared crusts are 12-inches in diameter, so make a couple if feeding a crowd.
What kind of chicken is used in this recipe?
Chicken, Spinach, and Sun-Dried Tomato Pizza is made easily using “ready to eat” chicken. My recommendation is Perdue Short Cuts Carved Chicken Breasts. Perdue meat is tender, juicy, and full of flavor. If you can’t find this brand at your local grocery store, any cooked chicken will work. Other easy options include deli rotisserie chicken and leftover baked chicken.
Favorite Chicken Recipes
How to create a crispy pizza crust
For me, the key to a perfect pizza is a perfectly crispy crust. My family prefers a thinner crust full of fresh and tasty toppings. So, how do you keep your pizza from becoming frail and flimsy? The technique is quite simple. First preheat your oven to a higher temperature above 400 degrees. Secondly, place the pizza directly on the rack to bake so the heat can circulate underneath the crust. This works with pizza on a prepared crust, frozen pizzas, and reheating pizza slices. Note: If you are using raw pizza dough, place it on a pizza pan or baking sheet to cook. Raw dough will drape around the oven rack when baking.
When talking pizza toppings the options are endless. Listed are some of my favorite concoctions that make a regular pepperoni pizza absolutely green with envy! Get the kids involved to make fun and unique creations of your own.
- Mediterranean Pizza – pizza sauce, julienne-cut red peppers, spinach, pancetta, and feta cheese
- Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza – sauce (1 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 cup creamy French dressing, 2 tablespoons sweet relish, 1 tablespoon ketchup, 1 teaspoon white vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, and 1/8 teaspoon salt), cooked ground beef, shredded cheddar cheese, minced red onions, shredded lettuce, chopped pickles, and crumbled bacon
- Barbecue Pork Pizza – barbecue sauce, cooked shredded pork, minced red onions, shredded pepper jack cheese, and French’s French Fried Onions sprinkled over the top after it’s baked
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza – sauce (1/2 cup mayonnaise, 3 tablespoons hot sauce, 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder), Perdue Breaded Chicken Strips cooked crispy and then cubed, shredded Mozzarella cheese, then drizzled with hot sauce and blue cheese dressing
How to make Chicken, Spinach, and Sun-dried Tomato Pizza
Pizza night has never been easier! Just as quickly as you can order out for pizza, you can make Chicken, Spinach, and Sun-dried Tomato Pizza using fresh toppings and ensuring you get a hot pizza every time. Sorry pizza delivery, we got this covered!! 😉 Using a prepared crust and “ready to eat” chicken makes this one of the easiest pizzas you will ever make.
- Cutting Board – used to mince the garlic and slice the sun-dried tomatoes
- Mixing Bowl – used to mix together the seasoned olive oil blend
- Pizza Cutter – used to cut pizza into slices
- Pizza Crust – prepared pizza crust (I recommend Boboli Thin Crust, but any brand will work)
- Pizza Sauce – prepared pizza sauce (I recommend Classico Traditional Pizza Sauce, but any brand will work)
- Seasoned Oil Blend for Crust – olive oil, garlic powder, dried oregano
- Toppings – minced garlic, fresh baby spinach (trimmed), julienne cut sun-dried tomatoes, Mozzarella cheese, pine nuts, and Perdue Short Cuts Carved Chicken Breasts (or any other like product)
- Garnish – fresh basil leaves
- Prepare the vegetables: Peel garlic and mince into small pieces. Cut sun-dried tomatoes into strips, or you can buy them julienne-cut. Trim the baby spinach by removing any long stems from the spinach leaves. Set ingredients aside until ready to use.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, garlic powder, and dried oregano until well blended. Brush a light coating of seasoned olive oil mixture over the rim of the crust only (about an inch). This will add a little extra flavor to your already delicious crust.
- Brush pizza sauce evenly over the crust, leaving about an inch of seasoned rim. Sprinkle minced garlic over the sauce. Top with half of the shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle sun-dried tomatoes over the shredded cheese. Spread spinach evenly over the tomatoes and shredded cheese. Top with “ready to eat” pieces of chicken (I cube the larger pieces to make the pizza easier to eat).
- Top with remaining half of shredded Mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with pine nuts.
- Carefully, place Chicken, Spinach, and Sun-dried Tomato Pizza on the middle rack of the oven. Bake at 425 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes, or until cheese has melted and crust is crispy.
Chicken, Spinach, and Sun-dried Tomato Pizza
- 1 Boboli Thin Pizza Crust or like product
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup Classico Traditional Pizza Sauce or like product
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic cloves minced
- 16 oz Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes julienne cut
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach trimmed
- 1 cup Perdue Short Cuts Carved Chicken cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a small bowl, combine olive oil, garlic powder, and dried oregano until well blended. Brush seasoned olive oil mixture over the rim of the crust only (about an inch).
- Brush pizza sauce evenly over the center of the crust, leaving off about an inch of seasoned rim. Sprinkle minced garlic over the sauce, then top with half of the shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle sun-dried tomatoes over the shredded cheese. Spread the spinach evenly over the tomatoes and shredded cheese. Top with pieces of chicken, then top with remaining half of shredded Mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
- Carefully, place the pizza on the middle rack of the oven. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until cheese has melted and crust is crispy.