This is one of my favorite pasta dishes. Cream cheese makes an appearance in this pie, making it a spaghetti that is creamy and super cheesy.
Baked Spaghetti Pie
- 16 oz spaghetti
- 16 oz ground beef
- 8 oz sweet Italian sausage
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp dried Italian seasoning packet
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup Italian white cheese blend shredded
- Fresh parsley and oregano for garnish chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 to 10-inch springform pan. Wrap the outside in foil to prevent leakage during baking.
- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions; drain and set aside.
- Brown ground beef, sausage, onions, and garlic together, breaking meat into small pieces with spoon. Once meat is browned and onions are softened, add tomatoes, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, and salt. Stir and simmer on low until heat through and well blended.
- Spoon out 2 cups of meat sauce and set aside. Add the cooked pasta to the pot of remaining meat sauce. Stir well to coat pasta. Beat in the eggs, then stir them into the spaghetti mixture.
- Pour spaghetti into prepared pan. Press down to pack the pasta. Cut the cream cheese into thin slices and lay them over the top of the pasta. Using a spatula, spread the cream cheese. Pour reserved meat sauce over the top of the pie. Sprinkle with shredded Italian cheese. Top with fresh parsley and oregano.
- Bake pie 25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and edges of pie are slightly crisp. Cool at least 5 minutes prior to serving.