Chili Sauce Chicken Marinade will be your new favorite for baking or grilling poultry. It combines just a hint of spice and a hint of sweetness to produce a bold tangy flavor. Grilling season has a new frontrunner!! And huge bonus – it’s super easy to prepare, using only one dish!
I have only used this marinade on chicken (try my Chili Sauce Chicken Bake!), but I can only imagine that it would pair well with certain pork dishes, too. Pork chop and ribs would be amazing with this zippy sauce! If you’d like to add more heat to this marinade, add a teaspoon or two of red pepper flakes.
Favorite Easy Bake Dinners
How to make Chili Sauce Chicken Marinade
I have made many marinades in my life and while most of them were wonderful in their own right, they called for extra dicing, chopping, sautéing, etc. Who’s got time for that?? Chili Sauce Chicken Marinade is a busy cooks best friend with only 4 ingredients!
- Mixing Bowl – used to mix all ingredients together
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and stir until completely blended.
- Place chicken pieces (or even a whole chicken!) into a large gallon Ziplock bag. Pour marinade over the chicken and close tightly.
- Refrigerate marinated chicken for at least 2 hours. I usually marinate for about 4 hours to give the flavors plenty of time to do their thing.
- You can pour leftover Chili Sauce Chicken Marinade over the chicken to bake or grill, BUT DO NOT use it on chicken that has been cooked! Sauce that has touched the uncooked chicken should be discarded.
- The marinade can be prepared and stored (unused) in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.)
Chili Sauce Chicken Marinade
- 12 oz chili sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp onion powder
- Place chicken pieces into a large gallon Ziplock bag. Pour marinade over the chicken and close tightly. Refrigerate marinated chicken for at least 2 hours.